Monday, October 26, 2009

Incase Not Everyone Has Heard

I've decided to serve a mission! I told my bishop I think 4 weeks ago. Then I told my parents and family, Preston and friends. I'm really excited about this. I've been working on my papers for 2 weeks and have pretty much everything done. I just need to get my physical and have my dentist sign the paper(I already had a dental exam about a month ago). I also have two little things left to finish hopefully really soon. After I get my physical and stuff I'll submit everything to my bishop and my papers will be off I believe the middle/end of November. Two weeks later(hopefully the beginning of December) I will get my call! I can't wait, I'm so impatient. I just want to start getting everything I'm going to need that I don't already have. I will also be able to go through the temple hopefully before Christmas and most of my siblings/family will be able to be there with me which is wonderful. The first thing everyone always asks me when I tell them I'm going on a mission is where I want to serve. If I got my way I would love to go somewhere back east, like Boston or Washington D.C., American Sign Language mission. My mom wants me to go to France, Belgium, Ireland, Scotland or Italy so she can come pick me up at the end of my mission. As cool as it would be to go foreign, I would love to stay stateside. And I know I won't want to travel after she would pick me up...I will want to get home. I'll be happy where ever I go because I know that's where the Lord wants me and that's where I'm needed(but that doesn't stop me from hoping I'll learn ASL and go back east ha). There are going to be a lot of things I'm going to miss but I know that I am going to grow so much serving a mission and the things I learn and go through are going to help me in my marriage, family and work life when I get back. I am definitely looking forward to this. I'll post when I know where I'm going and when I report to the MTC.
Other than that, I've been busy with my EMT class which I absolutely love. It is so interesting and I have already learned SO much. It's a lot of studying and a pretty fast-paced class but I'm doing well and I know by the end of the class I'll be ready to take the national registry test. Not much else has been going on.

4 comments:

CANDACE said...

congratulations, erin! that's wonderful news. can't wait to hear where you'll serve. i highly recommend south carolina. :)

Erin Riley said...

ha i wouldn't mind south carolina :) how are you doing?

CANDACE said...

great! we're finally going to have a baby! now we really want to move to SC/NC, but that might take a while.

Do you already know ASL or do you want to learn? I have a student that uses some ASL but he's not Deaf so it's a bit different.

<3

Erin Riley said...

i heard you're having a baby! that's so exciting! congratulations! i know quite a bit of ASL. i took a year in college and have been able to use it some for work and stuff. i love it and i think it would be awesome if i could use it on my mission