Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Trip Home and First Couple Days back

Hey, so as most of you know, from April 15-27 I was in San Diego. It was so great to be home. I just wish my parents would have been there more, but I guess if they hadn't been going to Hawaii I wouldn't have been going home. When I got in on the 15th my mom picked me up and took me to El Indio, even though we were going out ot eat at Ponce's about an hour or so later. I didn't care, they were both delicious. I went to dinner with my parents, Kevin, Conor, Matt, Wendy and Porter. It made me really happy to see all of them. Especially Porter(I'm sorry to everyone else, but Porter is way too cute, so he gets priority haha.) The next day I met Joanna and we watched a movie together. Even though the movie wasn't good I had a lot of fun spending time with her and the boys. I did some errands for my mom later while she finished up working, then we did some more errands throughout the night. Friday the 17th we picked up Porter and took him to the zoo. We got there and waited around for Grandma Wilde to come meet us. While we were waiting we took Porter to the fountain by the science museum. He was too funny. He put his hands up so he could feel the water in the air. I'll have to post pictures of it if I can get them from my mom. Once we got to the zoo we walked around. Porter didn't want to walk and he doesn't sit in the stroller so we didn't even bring it, we ended up taking turns carrying him around. It amazes me every time I'm with him how smart he is and how funny he can be. There is one picture my mom took of Porter and me on the moving sidewalk with Porter leaning against my legs that I love and I really want it. Hopefully I can post that too. That Saturday I took my parents to the airport. Sunday was great being able to see everyone at church and then everyone at my grandmas. I've missed everyone so much. Monday I had a doctors appointment and that took quite a bit of time, not to mention money. I just found out I had an elevated potassium level or something and am suppose to follow a low potassium diet the next two weeks...we'll see how that works out ha. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I helped at Hillsdale judge Honors Drama auditions for next years class. It was fun, and I am shocked each time I've judged how talented some of these kids are. Each year they seem to be more and more talented than the year before. Thursday was not that great of a day. I went to pick something up for my mom in her car, and when I was almost home I got hit on the drivers side doors. It wasn't too bad luckily. I wish I had been in my car or someones car other than my moms, I was a little scared to tell her that ha. It wasn't my fault so thats good. I have a couple pictures I can post later. Saturday night Broc and Joanna invited me, Conor, Kevin and Steele over for dinner. We watched the Padres game as well(terrible game). Brady was going crazy, he had so much energy and he made Steele his own personal trampoline. It was funny to watch. I was so wiped out after I left. Sunday was a good day. Church was good and I got to visit with some friends I haven't talked to in awhile. After church Kevin, Becky and I went to my Grandma and Grandpa Riley's since they just got back from Borrego. We put in a dvd my aunt made of old video clips of my dad and his brother when they were younger and a little of my two aunts. I don't think I've even seen a picture of my dad when he was little, so it was awesome to see videos of it. I really want a copy of that. After awhile we had dinner and Matt, Wendy and Porter met us there. Porter as always was adorable and I had a lot of fun playing with him. It amused me that since he hadn't seen Becky for awhile he liked me more(ha sorry Becky, remember he told you to go inside though, it's true). After we left we went to my Grandma Wildes and played a game of liverpool rummy. Then Kevin, Grandma and I started to watch the Big Sleep. It was good, but I had a lot I needed to do before my flight in the morning so I didn't get to finish it. Monday morning Becky and I went to Grossmont to visit our choir teacher, then we took the car in to get fixed. Becky dropped me off at the airport. After I checked in I went to go through security. There were SO many people I thought I was going to miss my flight. I got throught security and to my gate right as my group was boarding, so perfect timing I guess. Christina picked me up from the airport since she wasn't able to go on her trip to Mexico. After I got dropped off I went to FHE. We played some games and had a lesson on finding joy in things(at least that what I think it was on.) It was pretty fun. After my friend Michelle and I got a group of girls to go to the dollar theater and see Confessions of a Shopaholic. We found out that at least on Mondays if you go with a group of 3 or more its only fifty cents. I loved the movie, and think it was definitely worth the fifty cents ha. Yesterday I got up only to find that I had missed my very first class. I had been thinking I only had class on Mondays and Wednesdays. Unfortunately I had been thinking of my summer schedule and I really had class Monday through Thursday, oh well. I moved in all of my stuff to my new apartment. Then I went to lunch and hung out with Nikki. I got invited to a game night in an apartment upstairs to my roommates and I all went. It was really fun. We played Scene it and Catch Phrase. I tried to organize everything, but I was not motivated at all, and I really don't have much space to put everything. Today I went to my ASL 3 class and was completely lost. Everyone else knew exactly what was going on, but not me. Then I had my New Testaments class. It's interesting, my teacher knows SO much it's amazing. We didn't really get much into the reading but that's okay. For that class we have to get another translation or version of the New Testaments(other than the King James version) and read it along with the King James version so we can compare and hopefully get a better understanding of the reading. I would never have thought to do that. I decided to drop my ASL class since it doesn't go towards my major at all and it's way too expensive to take it if it's not going to do anything. So I'm taking a Chemistry class instead. So now I go to school Mondays and Wednesdays and have one class on Friday. I need to take this Chemistry class as a prerequisite to the 4 prerequisite classes for the nursing program. I still need to find another class to take or 2 half credit classes to take to go full time. But I am surprisingly happy with this switch. I am just getting ready to go hike the Y with Nikki after having dinner with my roommates. I'll post pictures as soon as I can

No comments: