Friday, March 20, 2009

Great Week

This past week has been pretty good. Friday Broc and Joanna called saying they were in Provo, so they came over for a few minutes to visit before going to her parents house. After they left I went with Nikki to a couple stores because we were both looking for some new jeans. We went back to her house and started watching Memoirs of a Geisha before going to see Valkyrie at the Dollar Theater with her husband. Sunday morning Joannas brother Jonathan picked me up to drive up to their parents house in Farmington for their brothers farewell. Monday we went to temple square and walked around. Then we went to lunch at Moochies. It was pretty good. That night we watched Eagle Eye with Joannas parents and sister. Tuesday they brought me back to Provo. It was really nice to be able to spend time with them. Wednesday I had to go get a new license, since mine expired on my 20th birthday. That was a big ordeal. I looked online to see what I needed to bring to the license department and it said I needed to bring my social security card, my birth certificate or passport for identification. Well all of those are with my parents in San Diego, so I had my mom fax me a copy of them, only to find out they don't accept copies of those documents. So I had to go to the Social Security building, where I had to wait an hour just to get a sheet of paper with my number on it. So I went back to the license place to find out I couldn't pass the vision test to get my license, so I had to go get an eye exam and have them sign a paper for the DMV. I went to a bunch of different places to find the cheapest place to get an exam and I ended up going to the Wal-Mart vision center. After about a 15 minute exam the doctor told me I had to get glasses. I picked out frames and lenses, but by the time I did that it was too late to go back to the DMV. So yesterday morning I got up early and was able to get my new license. I am so glad thats over with. Yesterday was a pretty good birthday. I went to lunch with Kate then went home to take a nap because I am sick. Preston had sent me a letter and birthday card that I got yesterday, and that was definitely exciting. Then Nikki invited me to go to dinner with her, her husband and his friends. We went to Jasons Deli which was pretty good, then we went to Cold Stone. We went back to their place and watched Oceans Thirteen. Overall it was a pretty good birthday. It was nice talking to so many people. Thank you to everyone that helped make yesterday nice! I miss you all. I'll try and post some pictures I've taken since I've been up here soon. I just need to figure out how to do it.

No comments: