Sunday, March 29, 2009

Awesome Weekend

This weekend has been really good so far. It started Thursday night for me. I went to the Provo Temple to do baptisms with my friend Michelle. We got there at 5:30 and figured we'd have enough time to do baptisms before 8 when my friend had to babysit. Well at 7:30 we still weren't close to being able to do baptisms because it was really busy, so we had to leave. Friday morning I decided to go back to the temple by myself to do baptisms. It was really nice, and was a great way to start the weekend. Friday evening I drove to my bishops house in Payson with my friend Michelle for our Relief Society sleep over. We played some games and had dinner. It was a really fun night and it was great getting to know the girls in my ward. We stayed up late and got up early to go help build a house. The program we helped build the house was building 6 different houses in a community for low income families. The families chosen to live there all had to help build each of the houses, that way they were able to live in the houses cheaper. After we left we got ready to go to the Festival of Colors with a couple girls in my ward and some of their friends. I ran into Katie Packer and Bryce, so that was nice to see them. I had so much fun at the Festival, I think I'll have to start going each year. I got so dirty, but that's okay, it was awesome! After I cleaned up I went to my Relief Society presidents apartment for dinner. We made hamburgers and hot dogs, then we watched The Goonies. It was such a great weekend. I did wake up kind of sick this morning, but that's okay it was worth getting sick for this weekend. The pictures are backward, but that's okay.


The aftermath of throwing chalk at each other
Erica and I
Brandalyn and I, the sun was in my eyes so I look funny
The whole group after
Some of the group before it started
Walking up to the temple. There were SO many people there
After we finished helping with the house for the day
This was the house we helped with
We were in charge of building 2 posts. Each 10 ft long, 5 1/2 ft wide and 5 1/2 ft thick. It took us longer than it should have, but it was still really fun



3 comments:

The Crew said...

you are so cute! Check out my watermelon quilt on allmyshananigans.blogspot.com and the dress I made for my niece! so cute!!!

joanna wilde said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I've never helped build a house before, that would be really neat!

Erin Riley said...

It was really fun, I wish we could have helped with more though